Follow program rules and the law.
- One caregiver per patient; one patient per caregiver.
- One grow site per registered patient.
- No more than 10 cannabis plants, jointly between a registered patient and caregiver (ALL plants must be tagged).
- No more than 4 ounces of usable cannabis, jointly between a registered patient and caregiver.
- Do not use medical cannabis in a way that endangers the health or well-being of another person.
- Do not use medical cannabis for purposes other than medical use as permitted by law.
- Do not use medical cannabis in any moving vehicle, at any work place, on any school grounds, or in any other public place (including public parks, beaches, recreation centers).
- Put a tag or other identification maker with the 329 Card Number AND Expiration Date at the base of every medical cannabis plant so they can be more easily identified as legal. In the recently approved DOH Administrative Rules, “the person who has been designated to cultivate cannabis shall have a legible identification tag on each cannabis plant being cultivated for the qualifying patient”.
All Cannabis (marijuana) plants must be tagged accordingly. Read State of Hawaii plant Tagging Guidelines.